Voices ever ancient, ever new. Ordinary Time Week 4: Monday.

“But he would not permit him but told him instead, “Go home to your family and announce to them all that the Lord in his pity has done for you.” (Mark 5:19)

Saint Gregory the Great offers the following insight on this verse from today’s Gospel:

“A legion of demons has been, as I believed, cast out of me. I would prefer merely to forget all of this that I have known and simply to rest at the feet of the Savior. But lo it is said to me, so strongly as to compel me against my will, “Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” (Epistle 5)



Grant us, Lord our God,
that we may honor You with all our mind,
and love everyone in truth of heart.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
Who lives and reigns with You
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.



Glory to You Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning is now
and will be forever. Amen!