Masses and Prayers for Various Needs and Occasions: For the Election of a Pope

Entrance Antiphon (I Samuel 2:35)
I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest,
who shall do according to My heart and mind;
I will establish a lasting house for him
and he shall walk before Me all his days.

Collect
O God, Eternal Shepherd,
Who govern Your flock with unfailing care,
grant in Your boundless fatherly love
a pastor for Your Church
who will please You by his holiness
and to us show watchful care.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son,
Who lives and reigns with You
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
One God, for ever and ever.

Prayer Over the Offerings
May Your abundant kindness favor us, O Lord,
that, through the sacred offerings
we reverently bring to You,
we may come to rejoice that a pastor
pleasing to Your majesty
presides over your holy Church.
Through Christ our Lord.

Communion Antiphon (John 15:16)
I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit,
says the Lord, fruit that will last.

Prayer after Communion
As we have been renewed, O Lord,
with the supreme Sacrament of salvation,
the Body and Blood of Your only begotten Son,
may the wondrous grace of Your majesty
gladden us with the gift of a shepherd
who will instruct Your people by his virtues
and imbue the minds of the faithful
with the truth of the Gospel.
Through Christ our Lord.

Further prayer, reflection and study:

Isaiah 61: 1-3a “The Lord has anointed me; He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly.”

Ephesians 4: 11-16 “Bringing about the body’s growth, building it up in love.”

Hebrews 5: 1-10 “Christ was acclaimed by God as high priest, in the line of Melchizedek”

Psalm 89 “For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.”

John 15: 9-17 “I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain”

John 17: 11-23 “As You sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.”

Catechism of the Catholic Church